3.16.2005

Flight Baristas and Wittgenstein

Tree thought "Flight Barista" might be a cool new term for flight attendents. Imagine if there were actually chic coffee shop beverages available during flights? Maybe that will be the next step for swank-in-the-air JetBlue and Song. The last time I flew Song (2,000 of my 60,000+ miles on Delta, for which I received 0 (zero) party invitations), they were mixing martinis in the aisles and you could put together a personal mp3 list at your seat with some pretty cool music, including hipster indie rock. I've never flown JetBlue, but it seems from the website that they're big on leather seats and Direct TV. No martinis. If JetBlue made the coffee bar in the sky happen, I would never have to worry about finding a Starbucks in the airport anymore. Not like it's hard to find one or anything, it's just that sometimes I'm extremely late for flights and I can't stop for a mocha!! Gosh darn modern living!!

Philosopher of the Week: Wittgenstein! After the crazy Wittgenstein phone incident, and Nancy's intrepid internet search sans correct spelling, I've decided to write a little about the philosopher. First, here are some Wittgenstein googlisms (www.googlism.com):

wittgenstein is the result of modern capitalism
wittgenstein is important today
wittgenstein is not pruning or removing parasites
wittgenstein is the ideal location for the horse

And there you have it. And when pitted against Kant, Sartre and Camus in Googlefight (www.googlefight.com), poor Wittgenstein lost each time. So who is this philosopher, anyway? Well, since I'm going to Memphis now, I'll have to write more about him later. Sorry. So yeah, the next entry will be "Graceland and Wittgenstein." Yup. With photos and everything!

Also, check out Polly Paulusma (free track on iTunes this week). I like it!! Kind of a cross between PJ and Alanis.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know its a couple days since you posted about the airport party. But. My roommates and I are upset that you didn't call us when you found out that anyone could have attended. We would have appreciated the invitation and gone. Because we love airports and we love parties and we love dressing up. So, next time you're invited to a party at the airport, please let us know.

Asap.

Thank you kindly.

-Apt 3, Arnold st. Providence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home